Friday, November 7, 2008

Elections are Finally Over!!!

The elections are finally over, back to real TV and no more political phone calls. YES!! My candidate did not win, but we are where we are so now we need to deal with it.

I got an email from Pastor Greg and he sent a link from a blog he found. I hope to follow these commitments. Something needs to change for our country. I want our country to prosper and no one to go without basic needs. I want Emily and other children to live in peace and prosperity. I really think that our problems started when we took GOD out of everything. That's something I'll have to blog about when I have more time.

Here is what was in Michael Hyatt's blog:

I want to do my part. Therefore, starting today, I am publicly making four commitments to President-Elect Barack Obama:
I will pray for him and our country.
I will assume his motives are good, giving him the benefit of the doubt.
I will not speak ill of him, even if I don’t always agree with him.
I will cast off the spirit of cynicism, and be a positive force for good.

Yesterday was a historic day. We can all be proud as Americans. Today, we begin a new future. It’s time to come together. I am ready for a united United States.

Can you make these four commitments?

No comments: